Tuesday, June 2, 2009

London Week ONE and TWO

My first week and a half in London has been a whirlwind. We got here a week early, so you can guess what all of last week was devoted to: sightseeing! I saw many, many amazing things last week.

Among them: St. Paul's Cathedral, Harrod's, Buckingham Palace, Parliament, the Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, the National Gallery, and Hyde Park. I looked at alot of other sides in passing. London is an amazing place, with so much to do. This program is especially fun because you get to live in a house or apartment with several other students doing the same thing. At the end of the day, you can all come back together and talk about how it was.

I am definitely home sick though. I miss my boyfriend. A lot. But, I am staying extremely busy. Basically, my MP showed me the computer on the first day and I got to work on my research project. I am studying the effect of the recession on women, and whether or not they go into it with an unequal footing with men. It's interesting work, and I am going to meet with top union officials and women's advocates.

I am literally working or skyping all day, but I will try to post again after this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment