Saturday, January 17, 2009

The best weekends are not had by going to a huge house party with tons of people you do not know, forced to dodge all of the inevitably splattering drinks.

No.

After a long week, all I want to do is sit down and watch a movie; relax with my boyfriend or hang out with a few good friends. I think the excitement of going to huge parties where you do not know the majority of the people there wears off (for people that do this to begin with) after freshmen year, and then you are just waiting to be old enough to go to the bars.

Anyway, if any of you are sitting around on one of these weekends, wondering what to watch, I highly recommend renting the first season of Flight of the Conchords. It's two guys from New Zealand that live in New York - they are trying to make it big as a two-guy band. It's hilarious because the way it portrays single men is pretty true - but it's done so blatantly. I think it is because the two guys just act natural....

And now that I have a three-day weekend, I am finding it even harder to accomplish in 3 days what I would normally do in 2. Too much time is not good for me (and I would think the same goes for most students...)

No comments:

Post a Comment