Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Library

I possibly have the worst work schedule ever. I am required to work every night there is good tv, or nights that were just not made for work.

For example, one of my shifts is in the library on Saturday night for four hours. Only a select few come to the library on Saturday nights, and those that do are usually doing it for "fun." By fun I mean they are coming to the library to make a really personal poster and then print it out, megasize on our 36 X 108 inch plotter printer.

That part of my job can be somewhat entertaining, because some people have no shame. I am not saying I've seen really objectionable content come out of that plotter in the main library where anyone can see it. No, I am just saying some people are not afraid to make giant posters of "Dungeons and Dragons" or Star Wars and then claim that it is for a "school project." Right....

Saturdays are just not going to be good days for me for a while. I also have to go to class on Saturday mornings, from 10am to 1pm. I had to be all studious and sign up for a class on LSAT (which I am taking in two weeks). I definitely do NOT regret it, because I know it is forcing me to study harder than I otherwise would have.

Anyway, I found an application to perhaps the coolest job there is. On the planet. Basically you are a professional vacationer and you get paid $150,000 for 6 months of working for 12 hours a month. Sweet. I would not post it here if I thought I had a chance of getting the job because I would not want all of the extra competition, of course... but here it is:

http://www.islandreefjob.com/webdata/content/2/59.pdf?ts=1229652407

No comments:

Post a Comment