Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Day!

For the first time in 13 years, Indiana University closed the campus because of unsafe travel conditions due to snow. I never thought I would see the day, but I was so happy the minute I woke up at 7:30am and realized I could go back to sleep for 3 more hours!

Now, you would think a snow day is the perfect say to catch up on studying, reading, homework, etc. Well, I think it is the perfect day to relax - all day! I mean, it was a day that I would normally not have much time for studying anyway, so why not make it a day of rest! I believe yesterday was a gift, an opportunity for a well-deserved rest.

The snow piled up to over a foot I think. In my parking lot, the snow plows managed to push more snow on top of my car, making it impossible to even distinguish my car from all the others. After finding my car tonight, I spent nearly an hour digging it out of the snow. By digging I mean using my foot as a shovel and literally kicking the snow out of the way. I had to remove all of it, because I had to go buy a mustang that does NOT have all wheel drive.

Anyway - I am really looking forward to this weekend because a well-known comedian is coming to The Funny Bone (comedy club in Bloomington). I bought tickets yesterday with my boyfriend to see one of the guys (Dave) from the HBO show Flight of the Conchords. I am hoping he is as funny in person as he is in the show.

I will write again to let you all know how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment