Saturday, September 19, 2009

School started already?!

I have simply not had the time to post here in a whileeee. The last half of the summer was a complete whirlwind for me.

I finished my internship at Parliament, with a pending publication under my belt and an experience I will never forget. I was sad to leave my co-workers and friends I made while in London - I felt like I was really getting to know them well.

Now I'm back at school and it has already been super eventful. I am now the President of Women in Business, an organization I've been in now for over 3 years. We are interviewing new members this week - 130 people applied! I am always glad to see so much interest in our club.

In addition to heading up the organization, I am networking as much as possible so I can get a full-time job offer by the end of the fall semester. It is really competitive this year, but I know it will all work out.

...And in about two weeks I should have a new nephew! My brother and his wife are expecting their first baby, Jackson, on October 5th. I will definitely be making the drive home for him!

Now I am just working in the library, all day. Unfortunately I cannot get that much homework done because most of it is book based :(.

Tonight I will be building a cardboard boat with some friends from WIB. The Council for Advancing Student Leadership is having a race next weekend, and in order to compete you have to build a boat strong enough to hold two people, so you can paddle your way across one of IUs pools. It should be a really interesting night!

No comments:

Post a Comment