Saturday, September 26, 2009

Time... where is it?

Wow this was a crazy week. I'll give you a brief overview of one of my days so you will understand what I mean by crazy.

Tuesday; pretty representative of my week:

9:00am - wake up and study for two hours before my International Trade and Policy class
11:15am - Class (International Trade)
12:30 - 1:00pm. I have thirty minutes to get from the business school to the library, grab lunch and talk to my boyfriend, and walk 15 minutes to Ballantine for my English class. Everyone on campus is doing the same thing as me it seems like, and there is usually a 20 minute line to get food, haha. By the time I get out of line I usually have about 2 minutes to eat.

1:00pm - English L354 - Modern Literature since 1914 (we are reading The Grapes of Wrath in this class - very interesting since I've never read it)

2:15pm - 3:30pm - work on homework for my Econometrics class - it's always due on Wednesday.

3:30pm - 4:30pm - I close the Bagel stand every Tuesday, and it usually takes me about an hour. My club runs the stand, and lately we have been selling out every day - of everything!

4:30pm - 5:00pm - This past Tuesday I had to sprint home, change into business casual, grab food, and run back to the school, literally, to make it back before 5:00pm.

5:00pm - 6:30pm - Interviews for Women in Business! We recruited new members this week and did 2nd round interviews. I sat in on both rounds of interviews and was impressed with everyone! It was a hard decision to make, but eventually we narrowed down 127 applicants to 31 members.

6:30pm - 7:15pm - Private event with the CFO of Whirlpool, Tax VP, and employees in the program I am interested in. It was an awesome event because I got to network with a CFO!

7:15-10:00pm - More interviews

10:00pm - 2:00am - Homework! Nathaniel actually felt bad for me I think and brought me dinner (Jimmy Johns!) and gave me company in the computer lab, so it wasn't too bad.

Next week things should slow down because I will not be conducting interviews every night and I should find out if I have some interviews...

I'll update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment