Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Prediction

This semester is going to be nice, I can already tell. I am taking two english courses, an astronomy course, management, and an economic topics class. So far it does not seem like it is going to be too crazy (hopefully I am not speaking too soon).

I do miss having all of my classes in the business school - I really loved my BEPP classes last semester. Now I almost feel like an arts & sciences student, with most of my classes in various places around campus.

I spent most of the weekend reading a book called, The Things They Carried, by Tim O'Brien. I read it for my contemporary fiction class, and it was easy to stay glued to it all weekend. It's a story about a Vietnam veteran and if you like war stories, I highly recommend it. It's gory at times, but it almost makes you feel what its like to be a veteran of a controversial war.

My English classes are always really fun because I HAVE to set aside time to read novels that I would love to be able to read in my free time. Next week, I will be reading Maus I (I don't even know what it's about yet but hopefully it's good!)

Hopefully I will have a more exciting post next week! This past week was pretty uneventful. Mostly I am somewhat sad about graduating soon! I have an awesome job that starts in June and I am completely ready for it, but I also enjoy being a kid in college :).

No comments:

Post a Comment