Friday, January 29, 2010

The weather...

..And the forecast is unbearably cold followed by more miserable weather. Spring break cannot come soon enough.

The good news is I will be living pretty permanently in Atlanta in a few months! When there is any thought that there MIGHT be snow, schools close. Businesses stop working. Churches stop congregating. The city stops - and the next day the snow does not even come. It's great.

Down side: living in Atlanta means not living in Bloomington. where your friends are always a five minute walk away and there is ALWAYS something fun and exciting to do. The city will be a different story.

In other news, I do have to write a 10 page story within the next week for my creative writing class and I have no ideas in mind. We have to focus on "character development." I can write all you want about a journey to the center of the earth or something more original, but writing this kind of fiction is HARD to make up. I have one idea concerning a political activist that is not living true to her own values (what else is new about politicians?). But I was thinking about using my summer at Parliament for some of the material. For example, I can make the setting London since I am pretty familiar with the geography.

This weekend - no exciting plans so far other than a LOT of reading and writing. The last couple weekends have been pretty busy so I may take it easy.

Tomorrow I have to participate in what they in the Kelley school call K-Lead. Since I am in the honors management class, I get to judge all the students in the regular classes as they present me with an idea to make our "company" better.

I am not getting off that easy though - I do have to be available tomorrow for 3 hours and write a paper on the students' communication styles. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment