Saturday, February 6, 2010

This was the weekend of the big blizzard! It actually was not too terrible. It snowed maybe 5 inches over night, but the city had everything cleared off the roads by this morning. Last night was NOT fun though. I was driving my car that is not made for snow and I got stuck going up hill. My car would not budge. Some guy ended up running up to my car and trying to push, but to no avail. I eventually made it to eh parking garage and left it there over night for fear that I would perish on the icy roads driving that thing.

Anyway, the storm is mostly over now so I am sitting in my house today with the goal of finishing two papers that are due on Tuesday. Right now I am working on my creative writing short story. I am not that creative - sorry to everyone that has to read it...

Last night I went to the Opera! It was Lucia de Lammermoor and all I have to say is the lead soprano was one of the best I have heard at IU thus far. I have been to several operas here, but she was just amazing. Going to the opera is sometimes an awkward experience though, because I always have to go by myself. I go to watch my boyfriend mainly because he plays in the orchestra, but no one will ever bring themselves to go with me, haha. Last night I got lucky though - I randomly saw my friends during the intermission and we ended up sitting together - much better.

In other news - I found out bad news about graduation this week. I found out I am 3 credits away from graduating in May. Big shock - it happened because my creative writing class, which counts for my English minor, does not count as an A&H distribution. I appealed it to the school and should hear something next week. Regardless, I signed up for a second eight week class that will count - so my bases are covered and I WILL graduate in May. yay.

Will post again soon. Gooo COLTS! Superbowl party tomorrow should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment